Our Privacy Principles and What They Mean.
Underneath, what data do we collect and how do we use it.
- If you contact one of the Advisers listed on our site, we will not receive any information (apart from a total of vistors and total number of people visiting each page – none of which identifies anyone) and these policies are irrelevant.
- Be transparent with the information we collect.
- We want our users to understand what information we collect and the value they receive in return.
- We aim to explain to our users the information that we collect from them and what we plan on doing with it. Where we use techniques that gather information without your direct input, we will let our customers and users know and provide them options to limit this collection.
- Allow users to easily access and update their own data.
- Having accurate information about our users helps create a smooth customer experience.
- We will provide mechanisms where we can to give our users access to information related to their account and other interactions with us. We want our customers and users to be able to easily correct that information if it is wrong or out of date.
- Be a guardian for user data and user privacy.
- Users trust us with their personal information and expect us to protect and use it appropriately.
- We operate information privacy and information security programs that incorporate leading practices to manage personal data from collection through to destruction.
- Be accountable to our privacy commitments.
- We take our commitment to privacy seriously and hold ourselves to a high standard.
- Our program takes into account legal requirements and our commitments to our customers to deliver a trusted experience when interacting with us.
- Give users meaningful choices in privacy.
- We know that control over personal information is important.
- We give our users real and realistic choices about what information they share with us and how it is used, and provide visibility into those choices and how they can be updated.
- Limit the sharing of customer information.
- We limit the sharing of customer information and provide our users with visibility into circumstances where we could share with other firms, and choices about the extent that information is shared.
- Build and maintain safe and appropriate services.
- We work hard to provide buyers a safe and trustworthy place to get the help they require and we encourage feedback.
- We have implemented a number of programs to protect everyone who uses our websites. Where anything goes wrong, we have developed complaint and escalation processes to help resolve problems in a fair and consistent manner.
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
- Website visitors are tracked anonymously so we can see how many visitors we get, and the number of people who visit each page. We cannot tell who these visitors are.
- Unless we given you any legal advice (and thus might have a potential liability) you may ask not to retain any information even if you have already agreed that we may.
- If you call us, we may see your phone number and, if you indicate it is appropriate, follow up to discuss our services and those of our associates – just say if you don’t want any further calls.
- If you advise us that you would like further information or a quotation, we will follow up and, where appropriate, pass your details on to associates who we consider appropriate to help you. They will also be bound by data protection rules.
- We do have the ability to follow up enquiries with additional emailed information. You will have to opt in for this, and each email will have a link in it which you can click to stop further emails. This may have the disadvantage that you may be unable to obtain further information on other topics using the same system.
- Website enquiry forms forward emails to us, and we delete the onsite database information after checking for missed enquiries, typically weekly.
- Because of the long term nature of our business, we retain information on people who instruct us pretty much permanently. If you don’t, we keep emails for up to 6 months, in case you come back again. Phone enquiries are deleted earlier.
If you are looking for Funeral Plans in the UK, you have come to the right place. Go here for more information.
LIKE MOST WEBSITE OPERATORS, WE COLLECT NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF THE SORT THAT WEB BROWSERS AND SERVERS TYPICALLY MAKE AVAILABLE. SUCH AS THE BROWSER TYPE, LANGUAGE PREFERENCE, REFERRING SITE, AND THE DATE AND TIME OF EACH VISITOR REQUEST. OUR PURPOSE IN COLLECTING NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IS TO BETTER UNDERSTAND HOW VISITORS TO BEST FUNERAL PLANS USE THE WEBSITE.
We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We do not use such information to identify visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS. We do not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that we use and disclose personally-identifying information, as described below.
GATHERING OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AT BEST FUNERAL PLANS
Certain visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS and to our websites choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS who use our enquiry forms to provide their contact details which we will use to follow up on enquiries. Also to keep visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS informed unless they later opt out. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with our site. We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
AGGREGATED STATISTICS AT BEST FUNERAL PLANS.
We collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS to our websites. For instance, we may reveal how many downloads a particular information sheet had. However, we do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
PROTECTION OF CERTAIN PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AT BEST FUNERAL PLANS.
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. Or to provide services available at our websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. By using our websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, we disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law. Or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of our, third parties, or the public at large. If you enquire via our website and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on in the market. We primarily use our site to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish anonymously it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
COOKIES AT BEST FUNERAL PLANS.
BEST FUNERAL PLANS is a trading name of The Funeral Plan Advice Service Ltd. Our office is at 2 Hankham Street Hankham Pevensey BN24 5BG registered in England number 07682081.
Where legal matters are discussed, we work with Allied Professional Will Writers Ltd but we will only share information with them with your permission which you may give by enquiring about such services.