Who are we? The Funeral Plan Advice Service Ltd trading as Best Funeral Plans.
Our address is 2 Hankham Street, Pevensey BN24 5BG and the data protection office and responsible person is Stephen Pett. We provide research services to over 100 independent funeral plan advisers. not all of whom are listed on this site.
The purpose of data processing is to provide information and advice to people who enquire about funeral plans. As far as the Funeral Plan Advice Service Ltd is concerned we only deal with enquiries, we do not cold call in any shape or form.
So the lawful basis and legitimate interest for processing is that potential clients have requested advice or information. We would only expect to obtain information from the person enquiring, though in some cases this may come from third parties and the interest would need to be confirmed by us.
Recipients of data would be ourselves or individuals and businesses who are members of the Best Funeral Plans Research Group.
Data will be retained for not more than 2 years unless removal is requested or the client is given advice. The reason for the 2 year period is that many people take that long to make a decision. Most data will be deleted far earlier than this.
We must re-emphasise that any person whose data is help by us can request its removal and deletion which we will always do unless there is a legitimate reason not to do so which will be disclosed on receipt of such a request.
Anyone whose data we have has the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if they consider we have not respected their rights. Our reference with then is ZA146740
No one is required to give us any information, or to provide additional information should we request in with a view to improving the advice we may offer.
We have no automated decision making systems and profiling is on an entirely personal basis to better tailor advice.
Our Privacy Principles and What They Mean.
Underneath, what data do we collect and how do we use it.
- If you contact one of the Advisers listed on our site, we will not receive any information (apart from a total of visitors and the total number of people visiting each page – none of which identifies anyone) and these policies are irrelevant, their own policies will apply.
- We aim to be transparent with the information we collect.
- We want our users to understand what information we collect and the value they receive in return.
- We aim to explain to our users the information that we collect from them and what we plan on doing with it. Where we use techniques that gather information without your direct input, we will let our customers and users know and provide them with options to limit this collection.
- Allow users to easily access and update or have deleted their own data.
- Having accurate information about our users helps create a smooth customer experience.
- We will provide mechanisms where we can to give our users access to information related to their account and other interactions with us. We want our customers and users to be able to easily correct that information if it is wrong or out of date.
- Be a guardian for user data and user privacy.
- Users trust us with their personal information and expect us to protect and use it appropriately.
- We operate information privacy and information security programs that incorporate leading practices to manage personal data from collection through to destruction.
- Be accountable to our privacy commitments.
- We take our commitment to privacy seriously and hold ourselves to a high standard.
- Our program takes into account legal requirements and our commitments to our customers to deliver a trusted experience when interacting with us.
- Give users meaningful choices in privacy.
- We know that control over personal information is important.
- We give our users real and realistic choices about what information they share with us and how it is used, and provide visibility into those choices and how they can be updated.
- Limit the sharing of customer information.
- We limit the sharing of customer information and provide our users with visibility into circumstances where we could share with other firms, and choices about the extent that information is shared.
- Build and maintain safe and appropriate services.
- We work hard to provide buyers a safe and trustworthy place to get the help they require and we encourage feedback.
- We have implemented a number of programs to protect everyone who uses our websites. Where anything goes wrong, we have developed complaint and escalation processes to help resolve problems in a fair and consistent manner.
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
- The Purpose of our data collection is to advise you on prepaid funeral plans, and with your agreement, introduce you to third parties offering complementary services.
- We won’t do anything with your data unless you contact us for further information with the exception that we may use it to show adverts on other media to you as you have expressed an interest in our services. Unless you enquire, we will only have this non-personal data to show relevant adverts to you.
- On occasion, we may acquire enquiries generated by third parties, but they will have received your permission to forward the enquiry to us or to one of our members.
- Members are individuals who subscribe to our Research Service and operate independently of us. If you enquire from this site, your enquiry will go straight to the Member, not to us except in transient form in the site database which is deleted every month if not more often. Where you enquire of us, data will be deleted after 2 years as it is common for people to return withing that period. Deletion is available earlier on request.
- Website visitors are tracked anonymously so we can see how many visitors we get, and the number of people who visit each page. We cannot tell who these visitors are.
- Unless we given you any legal advice (and thus might have a potential liability) you may ask not to retain any information even if you have already agreed that we may.
- If you call us, we may see your phone number and, if you indicate it is appropriate, follow up to discuss our services and those of our associates – just say if you don’t want any further calls.
- If you advise us that you would like further information or a quotation, we will follow up and, where appropriate, pass your details on to associates who we consider appropriate to help you. They will also be bound by data protection rules.
- We do have the ability to follow up enquiries with additional emailed information. You will have to opt in for this, and each email will have a link in it which you can click to stop further emails. This may have the disadvantage that you may be unable to obtain further information on other topics using the same system.
- Website enquiry forms forward emails to us, and we delete the onsite database information after checking for missed enquiries, typically weekly.
- Because of the long term nature of our business, we retain information on people who instruct us pretty much permanently. If you don’t, we keep emails for up to 6 months, in case you come back again. Phone enquiries are deleted earlier.
If you are looking for Funeral Plans in the UK, you have come to the right place. Go here for more information.
LIKE MOST WEBSITE OPERATORS, WE COLLECT NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF THE SORT THAT WEB BROWSERS AND SERVERS TYPICALLY MAKE AVAILABLE. SUCH AS THE BROWSER TYPE, LANGUAGE PREFERENCE, REFERRING SITE, AND THE DATE AND TIME OF EACH VISITOR REQUEST. OUR PURPOSE IN COLLECTING NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IS TO BETTER UNDERSTAND HOW VISITORS TO BEST FUNERAL PLANS USE THE WEBSITE.
We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We do not use such information to identify visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS. We do not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that we use and disclose personally-identifying information, as described below.
GATHERING OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AT BEST FUNERAL PLANS
Certain visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS and to our websites choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS who use our enquiry forms to provide their contact details which we will use to follow up on enquiries. Also to keep visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS informed unless they later opt out. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with our site. We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
AGGREGATED STATISTICS AT BEST FUNERAL PLANS.
We collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to BEST FUNERAL PLANS to our websites. For instance, we may reveal how many downloads a particular information sheet had. However, we do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
PROTECTION OF CERTAIN PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AT BEST FUNERAL PLANS.
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. Or to provide services available at our websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. By using our websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, we disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law. Or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of our, third parties, or the public at large. If you enquire via our website and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on in the market. We primarily use our site to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish anonymously it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
COOKIES AT BEST FUNERAL PLANS.
BEST FUNERAL PLANS is a trading name of The Funeral Plan Advice Service Ltd. Our office is at 2 Hankham Street Hankham Pevensey BN24 5BG registered in England number 07682081. Telephone number 01323 384045. Stephen Pett is the Managing Director and data processing office. Our website address is: http://www.bestfuneralplans.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it.
Please be aware that the individuals and businesses listed on the site are for the most part entirely independent businesses with their own privacy policies. The site is operated by The Funeral Plan Advice Service Ltd.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 30 days.